Re: Can I test Extended Query in core test framework

From: Andy Fan <zhihui(dot)fan1213(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can I test Extended Query in core test framework
Date: 2020-08-12 01:30:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thank you Ashutosh for your reply.

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 9:06 PM Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> You could run PREPARE and EXECUTE as SQL commands from psql. Please
> take a look at the documentation of those two commands. I haven't
> looked at TAP infrastructure, but you could open a psql session to a
> running server and send an arbitrary number of SQL queries through it.

PREPARE & EXECUTE doesn't go with the extended query way. it is
still exec_simple_query. What I did is I hacked some exec_bind_message
[1] logic, that's why I want to test extended queries.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKU4AWqvwmo=NLPGa_OHXB4F+u4Ts1_3YRy9M6XTjLt9DKHvvg@mail.gmail.com

--
Best Regards