Re: [REVIEW] Tab Completion for CREATE DATABASE ... TEMPLATE ...

From: Vitaly Burovoy <vitaly(dot)burovoy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Sehrope Sarkuni <sehrope(at)jackdb(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [REVIEW] Tab Completion for CREATE DATABASE ... TEMPLATE ...
Date: 2016-09-10 05:26:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Sehrope Sarkuni,

I have reviewed the patch.
It is very simple (only an SQL query in the "psql" application changed).

It applies at the top of master.
It implements completion database names ("<X>") for commands like
"CREATE DATABASE ... TEMPLATE <X>".
According to the documentation since 9.2 till devel a database can be
used as a template if it has a "datistemplate" mark or by superusers
or by their owners.
Previous implementation checked only "datistemplate" mark.

Tested manually in versions 9.2 and 10devel, I hope it can be
back-patched to all supported versions.
No documentation needed.

Mark it as "Ready for committer".

P.S.: While I was reviewing I simplified SQL query: improved version
only 2 seqscans instead of 3 seqscans with an inner loop in an
original one.
Please find a file "tab-complete-create-database-improved.patch" attached.

--
Best regards,
Vitaly Burovoy

Attachment Content-Type Size
tab-complete-create-database-improved.patch application/octet-stream 788 bytes