Re: [pgAdmin4][RM#3155] Allow user to lock the Layout

From: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Joao De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][RM#3155] Allow user to lock the Layout
Date: 2018-04-02 14:07:01
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

​Hello,

Please find updated patch,

Now layout will be locked after user updates its preferences, w
e have used ​
templated variable in the javascript file
​ because we do not have preference module or preference cache available
when the page loads and panels gets rendered,
​I
​ also
made changes in JS tests as per Joao's review comments.

@Dave/Pivotal team,
The given patch is working fine for all the Tabs/Panels (all the panels
from main window as well as from Query tool and Debugger) but I'm facing an
issue while handling the Browser tree section, It is a wcDocer frame
<http://docker.api.webcabin.org/module-wcFrame.html> and not a wcDocker
panel <http://docker.api.webcabin.org/module-wcPanel.html>. Like wcDocker
panel, wcDocker frame do not provide any API so that a developer can
prevent drag-drop functionality on it.

By visiting wcDocker github page <https://github.com/WebCabin/wcDocker> It
looks like it not actively maintained.
What do you suggest how should we tackle this issue?

For time being, I've created subtask for this issue
https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/3243

Thanks,
Murtuza

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 8:57 PM, Joao De Almeida Pereira <
jdealmeidapereira(at)pivotal(dot)io> wrote:

> Hi Murtuza,
>
> After changing the setting in the preferences nothing happened, we had to
> reset the layout or refresh the app to see it working. It only looks the
> right side. Was this the intended behavior?
>
> Not sure if this is the expected behavior or not. I would expect that any
> change I do in the preferences would start working after I press the Save
> button. This also happens with other preferences that only take effect
> after refresh on the browser.
> This being said, not sure if having the templated variable in the
> javascript file is the best approach in this case.
>
> Do you think you can remove the requirejs tags on the tests?
>
> At the testing file you do not need to create 3 different variables for
> the panels, you can reuse it, because the beforeEach will run for every test
>
> Thanks
> Joao
>
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 9:48 AM Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 2:15 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala <
>> murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> PFA patch which will allow user to lock the panels and it will not allow
>>> user to drag & drop them.
>>>

>> Tests pass, but when I lock the layout, I can still drag panels and
>> adjust the splitters etc. After doing so, reset the layout and now have
>> the broken layout seen in the attached screenshot. I have rebuilt the
>> bundle, reloaded etc.
>>
>> --
>> Dave Page
>> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
>> Twitter: @pgsnake

>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
RM_3155.diff application/octet-stream 116.0 KB