Re: [pgAdmin4][RM#3155] Allow user to lock the Layout

From: Joao De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira(at)pivotal(dot)io>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][RM#3155] Allow user to lock the Layout
Date: 2018-03-29 15:27:32
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Murtuza,

After changing the setting in the preferences nothing happened, we had to
reset the layout or refresh the app to see it working. It only looks the
right side. Was this the intended behavior?

Not sure if this is the expected behavior or not. I would expect that any
change I do in the preferences would start working after I press the Save
button. This also happens with other preferences that only take effect
after refresh on the browser.
This being said, not sure if having the templated variable in the
javascript file is the best approach in this case.

Do you think you can remove the requirejs tags on the tests?

At the testing file you do not need to create 3 different variables for the
panels, you can reuse it, because the beforeEach will run for every test

Thanks
Joao