Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: To fix Indentation issue in query tool

From: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: To fix Indentation issue in query tool
Date: 2017-10-16 12:21:24
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Sorry, that was a typo in 'sqleditor/__init__.py'.

I have updated the patch, We require this option because by default
codemirror indent the code with spaces.

Steps to re-produce (without patch):
1) With preference option
Use spaces? = False
Tab size = 4

2) Open query tool
- Press Tabs key 3-4 times & type select 1; <enter>
- Observe the new line indentation using right arrow key. (Attaching
screenshot)

This patch allow us to use Tab key as indentation.

Now apply the patch set the option Use tabs for indentation? to true and
check the same behaviour.

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 5:43 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@
> enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> PFA patch to fix the issue where indentation is not working as expected,
>> when user opt for tab based indentation instead of space based indentation.
>> RM#2780
>>

> Shouldn't we just use the use_spaces option here? I don't see any reason
> why pressing tab vs. an auto-indent should be any different.
>
> As a sidenote, in sqleditor/__init__.py, both config options are being
> defined as "self.use_spaces = ..."
>
> --
> Dave Page
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com