Re: Internal error XX000 with enable_partition_pruning=on, pg 11 beta1 on Debian

From: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Phil Florent <philflorent(at)hotmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Internal error XX000 with enable_partition_pruning=on, pg 11 beta1 on Debian
Date: 2018-08-01 14:42:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 20 July 2018 at 01:03, David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> I've attached a patch intended for master which is just v2 based on
> post 5220bb7533.

In [1] I mentioned that I think that bug should be fixed as part of
this bug fix too. It just seems a little strange to fix that one
separately when without the v3 patch for this fix the code still won't
work correctly when any subplans are present which don't belong in the
partition hierarchy.

I've attached a patch which can be applied on top of the v3 patch.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKJS1f9e7hHYP9SaT%3D-_RR4jdmm9VCgtDoC3-60s97EMjcfGWg%40mail.gmail.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
remove_incorrect_partprune_assert.patch application/octet-stream 549 bytes