Re: Internal error XX000 with enable_partition_pruning=on, pg 11 beta1 on Debian

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Phil Florent <philflorent(at)hotmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Internal error XX000 with enable_partition_pruning=on, pg 11 beta1 on Debian
Date: 2018-08-01 23:48:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> On 20 July 2018 at 01:03, David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>> I've attached a patch intended for master which is just v2 based on
>> post 5220bb7533.

I've pushed the v3 patch with a lot of editorial work (e.g. cleaning
up comments you hadn't). I still want to think about getting rid of
some of the "extraneous" bitmapsets and lists that are running around
here ... but time grows short before beta3, and it's not clear that
that would be appropriate material to push into v11 anyway.

> In [1] I mentioned that I think that bug should be fixed as part of
> this bug fix too.

I didn't include this change because (a) it's late, (b) no test
case was included, and (c) I don't entirely believe it anyway.
How would a rel be both leaf and nonleaf? Isn't this indicative
of a problem somewhere upstream in the planner?