Re: So... you're all just going to ignore anyone who asks about the HUGE issues with pgAdmin 4?

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: grekloedlc(at)tutanota(dot)com
Cc: Pgadmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: So... you're all just going to ignore anyone who asks about the HUGE issues with pgAdmin 4?
Date: 2017-06-15 17:20:55
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 10:05 AM, <grekloedlc(at)tutanota(dot)com> wrote:

> It doesn't seem possible to get through to you. Whatever you spent those
> one million dollars on, it sure as hell wasn't related to pgAdmin in any
> way. More like very heavy drugs, if you think this is even acceptable for
> pre-pre-pre-alpha software. It's literally *unusable*. You get it?
> UNUSABLE. Anyone who claims otherwise must have something wrong in their
> head.
>
> Are you just going to keep on this charade or actually fix the problem?
> Do I have to switch from PostgreSQL to something else just because the
> admin tool is broken beyond the point of being usable to anyone? This is
> insanity.

​There isn't a monopoly on GUI admin software for PostgresSQL. While it
has its quirks I find PostgreSQL Maestro to be quite functional for my
needs - at least the ones I don't solve by writing scripts and executing
them via psql. The server is going to function the same no matter which
external administration/client tools you choose to use.

I rarely used pgAdmin3, I found it to be "too graphical" if that makes
sense, and haven't tried pgAdmin4. My scanning of this mailing list leads
me to believe what you are saying is reasonably accurate even if your tone
is not: there are a number of active discussions on this very topic on this
mailing list right now.

David J.