Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take

From: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Date: 2018-08-03 02:35:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 11:31 PM Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 11:01 PM Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
>

>> I added new API in the tableam.h to get all the page visible tuples to
> abstract the bitgetpage() function.
>
> >>- Merge tableam.h and tableamapi.h and make most tableam.c functions
> >> small inline functions. Having one-line tableam.c wrappers makes this
> >> more expensive than necessary. We'll have a big enough trouble not
> >> regressing performancewise.
>
> I merged tableam.h and tableamapi.h into tableam.h and changed all the
> functions as inline. This change may have added some additional headers,
> will check them if I can remove their need.
>
> Attached are the updated patches on top your github tree.
>
> Currently I am working on the following.
> - I observed that there is a crash when running isolation tests.

while investing the crash, I observed that it is due to the lot of FIXME's
in
the code. So I just fixed minimal changes and looking into correcting
the FIXME's first.

One thing I observed is lack relation pointer is leading to crash in the
flow of EvalPlan* functions, because all ROW_MARK types doesn't
contains relation pointer.

will continue to check all FIXME fixes.

> - COPY's multi_insert path should probably deal with a bunch of slots,
> rather than forming HeapTuples

Implemented supporting of slots in the copy multi insert path.

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia

Attachment Content-Type Size
0002-Isolation-test-fixes-1.patch application/octet-stream 2.7 KB
0001-COPY-s-multi_insert-path-deal-with-bunch-of-slots.patch application/octet-stream 14.7 KB