Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Date: 2018-08-05 09:48:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of rebasing zheap onto the pluggable
storage work. The goal, which seems to work surprisingly well, is to
find issues that the current pluggable storage patch doesn't yet deal
with. I plan to push a tree including a lot of fixes and improvements
soon.

On 2018-08-03 12:35:50 +1000, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
> while investing the crash, I observed that it is due to the lot of FIXME's
> in
> the code. So I just fixed minimal changes and looking into correcting
> the FIXME's first.
>
> One thing I observed is lack relation pointer is leading to crash in the
> flow of EvalPlan* functions, because all ROW_MARK types doesn't
> contains relation pointer.
>
> will continue to check all FIXME fixes.

Thanks.

> > - COPY's multi_insert path should probably deal with a bunch of slots,
> > rather than forming HeapTuples
> >

> Implemented supporting of slots in the copy multi insert path.

Cool. I've not yet looked at it, but I plan to do so soon. Will have to
rebase over the other copy changes first :(

- Andres