Re: Indirect indexes

From: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Indirect indexes
Date: 2016-12-05 05:37:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 4:28 AM, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:

> Hi,

> > Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > > I propose we introduce the concept of "indirect indexes".
> >
> > This is a WIP non-functional patch for indirect indexes. I've been
> > distracted from working on it for some time already and will be off-line
> > for half this month yet, but since this was discussed and seems to be
> > considered a welcome idea, I am posting it for those who want to have a
> > look at what I'm doing.
>
> I see that this patch has a CF entry, but I'm unclear what reviewer
> ought to do at the current state? There's a lot of stuff closer to
> being committable in this fest...

I see the thread is waiting for an updated patch from author.

Closed in 2016-11 commitfest with "returned with feedback" status.
Please feel free to update the status once you submit the updated patch or
if the current status doesn't reflect the status of the patch.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia