Dynamic configuration via LDAP in postmaster

From: Vasily Soshnikov <dedok(dot)mad(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Dynamic configuration via LDAP in postmaster
Date: 2013-12-03 15:44:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I need advise about where is best place for adding such features.

Currently I found that 'postmaster' have event loop(including handling
SIGHUP) inside PostgressMain(postgress.c) for realoding configuration
file, based on my investigation my plan is handling ldap events just before
SIGHUP.

PS I guess tomorrow I will start implement this feature inside
'postmaster', but before I start I wish to know expert opinion about where
are most good place for dispatching of incomming messages(about
configuration has changed etc) from the ldap.

--

*Regard,Soshnikov Vasily mailto:dedok(dot)mad(at)gmail(dot)com <dedok(dot)mad(at)gmail(dot)com>*