Re: WIP: a way forward on bootstrap data

From: John Naylor <jcnaylor(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP: a way forward on bootstrap data
Date: 2018-04-07 06:34:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 4/6/18, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> I don't think there's any great need to incorporate this into your patch
> set. As far as I'm concerned, v14 is ready as-is, and I'll just apply
> this over the top of it. (Note that I'll probably smash the whole thing
> to one commit when the time comes.)

Glad to hear it. A couple recent commits added #define symbols to
headers, which broke the patchset, so I've attached v15, diff'd
against 4f813c7203e. Commit 9fdb675fc added a symbol to pg_opfamily.h
where there were none before, so I went ahead and wrapped it with an
EXPOSE_TO_CLIENT_CODE macro.

All your additional patches apply still apply over it. Your SGML patch
can only apply if my doc patch is not applied, but I've included it
anyway for the sake of no surprises.

I'll check back in 24 hours to see if everything still applies.

-John Naylor

Attachment Content-Type Size
v15-bootstrap-data-conversion.tar.gz application/x-gzip 90.8 KB