Re: "Need some information about postgresql products and community"

From: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: mithun <mithun(dot)chicklore(dot)yogendra(at)huawei(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "Need some information about postgresql products and community"
Date: 2012-08-28 14:47:02
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM, mithun
<mithun(dot)chicklore(dot)yogendra(at)huawei(dot)com> wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> We are gathering information regarding PostgreSQL open source product
> quality and its community. Can you kindly help me to find following data.

Your questions are incredibly broad, so you're going to get some broad answers.

look here: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-announce/

look here: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/

> 3. Activities in each of the mailing list. Like number of posts and
> number of members involved since last 12 months and last 6 months.

see here:
http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/

The important lists are -general, -hackers

look here: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/
also here: https://commitfest.postgresql.org/

see here: http://www.postgresql.org/community/contributors/

> 6. Number of downloads of the PostgreSQL open source software.

That's very hard to get, since a large percentage of postgresql
installations are using operating system supplied packages.

merlin