Re: PG 10 release notes

From: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG 10 release notes
Date: 2017-05-04 22:33:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 7:02 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
>> I didn't think logical decoding was really more than a proof-of-concept
>> until now.
>
> /me searches for jaw on floor.
>
> I would not in any way refer to logical decoding as being only a proof
> of concept, even before logical replication.

That's fair, but I think I understand what Bruce was going for here.
Data point: github third party modules are generally not approved for
deployment in my organization so logical decoding from a production
perspective does not exist (for me) until 10.0. Point being, an
important threshold has been crossed.

merlin