Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode
Date: 2019-02-22 17:35:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 12:13 PM David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net> wrote:

> Hackers,
>
> I propose we remove the deprecated exclusive backup mode of
> pg_start_backup()/pg_stop_backup() for Postgres 12.

-1 for the removal. I think that there are still many users of an exclusive
backup API, and it's not so easy to migrate their backup scripts so that
only non-exclusive one is used because of the reason I wrote in another thread.
https://postgr.es/m/CAHGQGwHUkEbkVexVfWNLjmq2rzOS_SHYMiECt+KBn-cBPq5Arg@mail.gmail.com

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao