Re: Cluster name in ps output

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Munro <munro(at)ip9(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cluster name in ps output
Date: 2014-06-25 07:13:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> * cluster_name moved to config group CONN_AUTH_SETTINGS, on the
>> basis that it's similar to bonjour_name, but it isn't
>> really... open to suggestions for a better config_group!

Categorizing this parameter to CONN_AUTH_SETTINGS looks strange to me
because it's not directly related to connection and authentication.
LOGGING_WHAT is better if we allow log_line_prefix to include the
cluster_name. Or STATS_COLLECTOR which update_process_title is
categorized to? STATS_COLLECTOR also looks a bit strange not only for
cluster_name but also update_process_title, though...

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 1:29 PM, Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> The patch looks OK, and works as advertised (I tested on Linux). If we
> want the feature (I like it), this patch is a good enough way to get it.

I got the following compiler warning.

guc.c:3099: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

monitoring.sgml explains PS display. Isn't it better to update monitoring.sgml
so that it refers to cluster_name?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao