Re: createlang/droplang deprecated

From: Euler Taveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: createlang/droplang deprecated
Date: 2017-03-23 22:11:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> But createuser/dropuser are a real problem, because they certainly could
> be mistaken for system-level utilities.

I proposed something along those lines [1] to fix this historical mistake
but we didn't reach a consensus. createuser/dropuser could be a candidate
to removal because it is easily replaced by psql -c "command here" like
Simon said. If we go to this road, other binaries (that are just a wrapper
around an SQL command) could be removed too (such as createdb, dropdb,
clusterdb and reindexdb).

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/bdd1adb1-c26d-ad1f-2f15-cc52056065d4@timbira.com.br

--