Re: Special role for subscriptions

From: Euler Taveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Evgeniy Efimkin <efimkin(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>, Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Дмитрий Сарафанников <dsarafan(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>, Владимир Бородин <root(at)simply(dot)name>
Date: 2019-03-21 13:06:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Em qua, 20 de mar de 2019 às 21:57, Michael Paquier
<michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> escreveu:

> Perhaps we would want something at database level different from GRANT
> CREATE ON DATABASE, but only for subscriptions? This way, it is
> possible to have per-database groups having the right to create
> subscriptions, and I'd like to think that we should not include
> subcription creation into the existing CREATE rights. It would be
> kind of funny to not have CREATE include the creation of this specific
> object though :)

It will be really strange but I can live with that. Another idea is
CREATE bit to create subscriptions (without replicate) and SUBSCRIBE
bit to replicate tables. It is not just a privilege to create a
subscription but also to modify tables that a role doesn't have
explicit permission. Let's allocate another AclItem?

--
Euler Taveira Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/