Re: WIP: [[Parallel] Shared] Hash

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP: [[Parallel] Shared] Hash
Date: 2017-01-28 01:19:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Thomas,

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 5:03 PM, Thomas Munro
<thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> I have broken this up into a patch series, harmonised the private vs
> shared hash table code paths better and fixed many things including
> the problems with rescans and regression tests mentioned upthread.
> You'll see that one of the patches is that throwaway BufFile
> import/export facility, which I'll replace with your code as
> discussed.

I'll try to get back to this ASAP, but expect to be somewhat busy next
week. Next week will be my last week at Heroku.

It was not an easy decision for me to leave Heroku, but I felt it was
time for a change. I am very grateful to have had the opportunity. I
have learned an awful lot during my time at the company. It has been
excellent to have an employer that has been so supportive of my work
on Postgres this whole time.

--
Peter Geoghegan