Re: PostgreSQL crashes with SIGSEGV

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Aleksandr Parfenov <a(dot)parfenov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL crashes with SIGSEGV
Date: 2018-03-27 03:40:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 5:14 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
>> Attached patches do it that way. I'm happy with what I came up with,
>> which is a lot simpler than my first approach. The extra copying seems
>> likely to be well worth it, since it is fairly isolated in practice,
>> especially on 9.6. There is no extra copying from v10+, since they
>> don't need the first fix at all.

> If no one objects, I'll mark this as Ready for Commit in a couple
> of days.

Thank you for the review, Horiguchi-san. It's hard to decide how
important each goal is when coming up with a back-patchable fix like
this. When the goals are somewhat in competition with each other, a
second or a third opinion is particularly appreciated.

--
Peter Geoghegan