Re: PostgreSQL crashes with SIGSEGV

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Cc: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Aleksandr Parfenov <a(dot)parfenov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL crashes with SIGSEGV
Date: 2018-03-28 17:30:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie> writes:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 5:14 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
> <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
>> If no one objects, I'll mark this as Ready for Commit in a couple
>> of days.

> Thank you for the review, Horiguchi-san. It's hard to decide how
> important each goal is when coming up with a back-patchable fix like
> this. When the goals are somewhat in competition with each other, a
> second or a third opinion is particularly appreciated.

It looks good to me. The only real objection would be if someone came
up with a test case proving that there's a significant performance
degradation from the extra copies. But given that these are back
branches, it would take a pretty steep penalty for me to want to take
the risk of refactoring to avoid that.

I've pushed it with some cosmetic adjustments.