Re: Wrong Results from SP-GiST with Collations

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wrong Results from SP-GiST with Collations
Date: 2018-04-10 16:38:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 9:21 AM, Emre Hasegeli <emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com> wrote:
> I assume we don't have any option than removing support for comparison
> operators with collations just like btree.

I can't imagine how this could ever work, since a non C-collation
string cannot be atomized into tokens like that. Considering each
token successively during a comparison does not always produce the
same answer as a straight comparison against the original string
would.

I believe that there are cases that won't work with *any* glibc or ICU
collation, not just "cs_CZ".

--
Peter Geoghegan