Re: Wrong Results from SP-GiST with Collations

From: Emre Hasegeli <emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Cc: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wrong Results from SP-GiST with Collations
Date: 2018-04-16 15:16:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> I can't imagine how this could ever work, since a non C-collation
> string cannot be atomized into tokens like that. Considering each
> token successively during a comparison does not always produce the
> same answer as a straight comparison against the original string
> would.

I think the only fix is to remove support for those operators from the
operator class. The logic on match_special_index_operator() doesn't
seem to need any change. Patch attached. As far as I understand, we
cannot back-patch catalog changes. In this case, we can leave it
broken and apply the documentation part.

Attachment Content-Type Size
remove-wrong-spgist-text-operators-v00.patch application/octet-stream 24.7 KB