Re: Performance PLV8 vs PLPGSQL

From: Tim Uckun <timuckun(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Sheaver <msheaver(at)me(dot)com>
Cc: Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Performance PLV8 vs PLPGSQL
Date: 2016-12-30 03:43:33
Lists: pgsql-general

I have datagrip and it's OK but it doesn't really do everything I want.

I don't understand why it doesn't fetch all objects from the database and
then put them into the disk in a directory so I can put it all under git
and then let me work on them syncing the files back as they change. For
example today I just renamed a function. It didn't refactor properly by
identifying stored procs that reference it. If I was using another
jetbrains IDE it would have built an index of the project files and did a
proper refactor.

This would also allow you to make wholesale disk changes and then sync them
up properly to get around postgres dependency issues.