Re: Performance PLV8 vs PLPGSQL

From: Michael Sheaver <msheaver(at)me(dot)com>
To: Tim Uckun <timuckun(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Performance PLV8 vs PLPGSQL
Date: 2016-12-30 00:40:15
Lists: pgsql-general

If you want an IDE, Jetbrains, the makers of great IDEs like IntelliJ, PyCharm. and AppCode, among others, have recently come out with what is arguably the BEST IDE for DBAs, DataGrip. It runs on most major platforms, and is so good that I have bitten the bullet and paid the yearly subscription for it.

Leave the Postgres core alone focus on what they do best, and that is making the very BEST database environment that can be had at any price, period. Is Postgres perfect? No, not at all. But no other group is so focused on performance, scalability and security as these folks are. And the rate of development, enhancement and continual improvement is, quite honestly, astounding.

So here is my hat tip to the Postgres team for an awesome job they are doing!