Pg_upgrade remote copy

From: AI Rumman <rummandba(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Pg_upgrade remote copy
Date: 2015-08-29 05:34:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

In pg_upgrade, how about adding a feature to copy data directory over
network.
That is, we can run pg_upgrade from our new host, where old host will be a
remote machine.
We can add two parameters - oldhost and if it is used, pg_upgrade will
identify the old host as remote and instead of local copy, it will use
remote copy.

What do you think about it?

Thanks.