Re: Mingw task for Cirrus CI

From: Melih Mutlu <m(dot)melihmutlu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mingw task for Cirrus CI
Date: 2022-09-21 13:18:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi hackers,

Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, 5 Eyl 2022 Pzt, 14:50 tarihinde şunu
yazdı:

> But cfbot should run the Mingw task for this patch's own commitfest
> entry. But right now (because cfbot doesn't include the original commit
> message/s), it doesn't get run :(

I've been thinking about how to make the mingw task run only for this patch
on cfbot and not for others. TBH, I couldn't come up with a nice way to
achieve this.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, 6 Eyl 2022 Sal, 02:52 tarihinde şunu
yazdı:

> Hi,
>
> On 2022-09-05 06:50:55 -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > I saw that but hadn't tracked it down yet. Do you know if the tar
> > failures were from a TAP test added since you first posted the mingw
> > patch, or ??
>
> I think it's that msys now includes tar by default, but not sure.

Seems like msys2 comes with GNU tar now. Previously it was bsd tar under
"/c/Windows/System32/tar.exe " which now we force it to use.

Thanks,
Melih