Re: Potential data loss of 2PC files

From: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Potential data loss of 2PC files
Date: 2017-01-04 04:23:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 5:38 PM, Michael Paquier
> On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 8:41 PM, Ashutosh Bapat
> <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>> Are you talking about
>> /*
>> * Now we can mark ourselves as out of the commit critical section: a
>> * checkpoint starting after this will certainly see the gxact as a
>> * candidate for fsyncing.
>> */
>> MyPgXact->delayChkpt = false;
>>
>> That's while creating the file. I do not see similar code in
>> FinishPreparedTransaction() where the 2PC file is removed.
>
> RecordTransactionCommitPrepared() does the same work for COMMIT PREPARED.

Ok.

I don't have anything more to review in this patch. I will leave that
commitfest entry in "needs review" status for few days in case anyone
else wants to review it. If none is going to review it, we can mark it
as "ready for committer".

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat