Re: inherit support for foreign tables

From: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Shigeru Hanada <shigeru(dot)hanada(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: inherit support for foreign tables
Date: 2014-07-01 06:04:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

If we are going to change that portion of the code, we may as well go a bit
forward and allow any expressions to be fetched from a foreign server
(obviously, if that server is capable of doing so). It will help, when we
come to aggregate push-down or whole query push-down (whenever that
happens). So, instead of attr_needed, which restricts only the attributes
to be fetched, why not to targetlist itself?

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat