Re: Thinko/typo in ExecSimpleRelationInsert

From: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Thinko/typo in ExecSimpleRelationInsert
Date: 2018-06-26 13:32:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 6:18 PM, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 4:33 PM, Ashutosh Bapat
> <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>> Looks like we need similar adjustment in ExecSimpleRelationUpdate() as
>> well. Updated the patch.
>>

> - /* Store the slot into tuple that we can write. */
> + /* Materialize slot into a tuple that we can inspect. */
> tuple = ExecMaterializeSlot(slot);
>
> I think it is better to keep the last word of the sentence as "write"
> instead of "inspect" as was in the original sentence.

A copy-pasto while correcting a typo :)

> It makes more
> sense as we are materializing the tuple to write it. Similarly, in
> the other change in the patch can use "write".

Are you suggesting that we should use "write" in the modified comment
instead of "inspect" in original comment.

Ok, I have now corrected grammar as well. Here's updated patch.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

Attachment Content-Type Size
0002-Fix-a-thinko-typo-in-ExecSimpleRelationInsert-Update.patch text/x-patch 1.4 KB