Re: spelling of enable_partition_wise_join

From: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: spelling of enable_partition_wise_join
Date: 2018-02-14 08:28:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 2:15 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I wonder how others feel about this, but the spelling of
>> enable_partition_wise_join feels funny to me every time I look at it. I
>> would write it enable_partitionwise_join.
>
> +1
>
> See also: https://postgr.es/m/20171005134847.shzldz2ublrb3ny2@alvherre.pgsql

To that I replied with
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFjFpRcsZnxCen88a-16R5EYqPCwFYnFThM%2Bmjagu%3DB1QvxPVA%40mail.gmail.com.
I didn't get any further response, so nothing was changed that time.
Alvaro, Peter, Gavin have voted for partitionwise in this thread and
Robert had similar objections earlier. Looks like we should change it.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat