Re: possible encoding issues with libxml2 functions

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: possible encoding issues with libxml2 functions
Date: 2017-08-19 20:53:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

I am sending some POC - it does support XPATH and XMLTABLE for not UTF8
server encoding.

In this case, all strings should be converted to UTF8 before call libXML2
functions, and result should be converted back from UTF8.

I found some previous experiments https://marc.info/?l=pgsql-bug
s&m=123407176408688

Note: I got some information so used xmlNodeDump function is deprecated -
so we should to replace it too sometime.

Regards

Pavel

Attachment Content-Type Size
xpath-encoding-nonutf8-support.patch text/x-patch 11.5 KB