Re: Support for Secure Transport SSL library on macOS as OpenSSL alternative

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Subject: Re: Support for Secure Transport SSL library on macOS as OpenSSL alternative
Date: 2017-08-19 20:10:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 2:14 AM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:
> Attached is an updated set of patches, rebased on top of master, with bug fixes
> and additional features missing in the first set. While not complete (yet), in
> case anyone is testing this I’d rather send a fresh batch rather than sitting
> on them too long while I keep hacking at the docs. While not every part of
> this rather large changeset has been touched, this includes all the patches for
> completeness sake.

Hi,

+#if defined(USE_OPENSSL) || defined(USE_SECURETRANSPORT)
#define USE_SSL
+#if defined(USE_OPENSSL)
+#define SSL_LIBRARY "OpenSSL"
+#elif defined(USE_SECURETRANSPORT)
+#define SSL_LIBRARY "Secure Transport"
+#endif
#endif

If you configure with neither --with-securetransport nor
--with-openssl then SSL_LIBRARY finishes up undefined, and then guc.c
doesn't compile:

ccache gcc -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels
-Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing
-fwrapv -fexcess-precision=standard -g -O2 -I. -I.
-I../../../../src/include -D_GNU_SOURCE -c -o guc.o guc.c
guc.c:3309:3: error: ‘SSL_LIBRARY’ undeclared here (not in a function)
SSL_LIBRARY,

I guess it should have a fallback definition, though I don't know what
it should be.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com