Re: Small issues with CREATE TABLE COMPRESSION

From: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Jacob Champion <pchampion(at)vmware(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Small issues with CREATE TABLE COMPRESSION
Date: 2021-05-05 05:32:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 12:06 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> > There are no tests in pg_dump to make sure that some ALTER
> > MATERIALIZED VIEW or ALTER TABLE commands are generated when the
> > compression of a matview's or table's column is changed.
>
> True, but it does seem to work. I am happy if you or anyone want to
> write some tests.

I think it will be really hard to generate such a test in pg_dump,
because default we are compiling --without-lz4, which means we have
only one compression option available, and if there is only one option
available then the column compression method and the default
compression method will be same so the dump will not generate an extra
command of type ALTER TABLE... SET COMPRESSION.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar