Re: Re: Poor cost estimate with interaction between table correlation and partial indexes

From: Michael Malis <michaelmalis2(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: Poor cost estimate with interaction between table correlation and partial indexes
Date: 2017-08-28 00:31:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(Sorry David. I initially replied only to you)

Ok. I've attached a patch of a proof-of-concept. I have a few
questions about tests.

What is typical workflow to add tests for changes to the planner? Also
I ran make check and it appears one of the existing tests is failing.
What is a typical way for going about discovering why the query plan
for a specific query changed? Also, how should I go about changing the
old test? Should I replace the old test output with the new test
output or modify the old test slightly to get it to produce the same
case as before?

Thanks,
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
improve-correlated-partial-index-cost-v1.patch text/x-patch 2.3 KB