Re: Failure of subscription tests with topminnow

From: Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2021-08-25 02:30:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 11:12 PM Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> But will poll function still poll or exit? Have you tried that?

I have forced that condition with a changed query and found that the
poll will not exit in case of a NULL return.

> Because it is not clear from your explanation how in the first
> statement it returns a valid value which leads poll to exit and then
> in second statement it returns NULL or maybe nothing. Can you share

I don't have an explanation for it either. Maybe things are different
in REL_11_STABLE

> the log also when you are getting "replication slot "tap_sub" is
> active for ..."? If you see in the below log [1], the STATEMENT is
> printed twice, I want to see if you also get prints in a similar way
> or is it something different? Do you know why it is printed twice?

Yes, I get the same. For every "LOG or ERROR" message, there is the
associated STATEMENT message with it.
First there is a LOG "received replication command" followed by the
STATEMENT and then the ERROR "replication slot .. is active.."
followed by the STATEMENT.

I will try with REL_11_STABLE and see if the behaviour is different.

regards,
Ajin Cherian
Fujitsu Australia