Re: Failure of subscription tests with topminnow

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2021-08-25 06:22:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 8:00 AM Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 11:12 PM Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> > But will poll function still poll or exit? Have you tried that?
>
> I have forced that condition with a changed query and found that the
> poll will not exit in case of a NULL return.

What if the query in a poll is fired just before we get an error
"tap_sub ERROR: replication slot "tap_sub" is active for PID 16336"?
Won't at that stage both old and new walsender's are present, so the
query might return true. You can check that via debugger by stopping
just before this error occurs and then check pg_stat_replication view.

> I will try with REL_11_STABLE and see if the behaviour is different.

Okay, but I still suspect some timing issue here.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.