Re: authentication fail

From: Khushboo Vashi <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Michael Eschweiler <michael(dot)eschweiler(at)web(dot)de>
Cc: "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: authentication fail
Date: 2021-01-12 04:26:42
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 12:39 AM Michael Eschweiler <
michael(dot)eschweiler(at)web(dot)de> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am using postgresql 12 on Linux opensuse Leap 15.2.
> In 'former times' with my postgresql-db I used pgadmin3. It was nice and
> tiny, and I was happy.
> Now, with pgadmin4 I am not able to connect to my server. There is no
> problem with pgsql nor with knoda even from another computer but with
> pgadmin4 I always get an authentication error. In pg_hba.conf I changed
> all connections to 'trust' - but no way!
> Is there a verbose-mode for pgadmin4 in order to see what is happening?
>
> It should work with pgAdmin as you have no problem with psql.
You can enable logging to check the issue, please refer
https://www.pgadmin.org/faq/#8 to enable it.
Also, you can provide the screen-shot of the error you are getting, so we
can help you.

> Thanks in advance.
> Best regards,
> Michael
>
> By the way: Is there a way to get rid of this annoying nag screen
> telling me every time I start pgadmin that there is a new version? My
> version came with the distro

You can disable the version check by setting UPGRADE_CHECK_ENABLED
parameter to False, refer
https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/4.29/config_py.html for the. same.

Thanks,
Khushboo