Re: Bug tracker tool we need

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug tracker tool we need
Date: 2012-04-18 19:50:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> The problem I've found with most tools is that they work reasonably
> well if you let them control the entire workflow. But when you want to
> do things your own way, and it doesn't match up with what they were
> originally designed to do, it all comes falling down quickly...

That's pretty much characteristic of the average SAP R/3 project.

If you can change the organization's business processes to follow
SAP's defined "best practices," then it's easy to install and use R/3.
But that normally not being the case, every "SAP project" winds up
having hideous customization costs to kludge the practices towards one
another.