Re: Fwd: PostgreSQL: WolfSSL support

From: Felix Lechner <felix(dot)lechner(at)lease-up(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: PostgreSQL: WolfSSL support
Date: 2020-06-28 16:33:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Tom,

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 7:56 AM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> However, judging from the caveats mentioned in the initial message,
> my inclination would be to wait awhile for wolfSSL to mature.

Please have a closer look. The library has been around since 2004 and
is popular in embedded systems. (It was previously known as cyaSSL.)
If you bought a car or an appliance in the past ten years, you may be
using it already.

wolfSSL's original claim to fame was that MySQL relied on it (I think
Oracle changed that). MariaDB still bundles an older, captive version.
The software is mature, and widely deployed.

Kind regards
Felix Lechner