Re: Trouble installing psycopg2

From: Augori <augori(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trouble installing psycopg2
Date: 2013-09-29 16:38:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks to Adrian for pointing to this site.
http://toomuchdata.com/2012/06/25/how-to-install-python-2-7-3-on-centos-6-2/
I was able to get the virtual environment set up and install psycopg2
from
there. Now things seem to be working well when I'm logged in as root.

But I need to be able to use the virtualenv as a non-root user, joshmoe.
(And start/stop postgresql as this other user)

The command for getting into the virtualenv is:

source /root/Python-2.7.3/projectdir/bin/activate

Understandably, when I run this command as joshmoe, I get a permission
denied message:
-bash: /root/Python-2.7.3/projectdir/bin/activate: Permission denied

In an attempt to make this command available to joshmoe, I started with
chmod and gave all rwx. Still gave me the same message. So I edited
/etc/sudoer to include the following line:

joshmoe ALL=NOPASSWD: /root/Python-2.7.3/projectdir/bin/activate

Now from the joshmoe login, when I run:

sudo source /root/Python-2.7.3/projectdir/bin/activate

I get the following:

sudo: source: command not found

It seems pretty clear to me that I'm not using the sudoers file correctly
to specify sourcing this file -- I seem to be giving access to that
activate file successfully, but not to the built-in source function. Both
of following lines are a no-go in the sudoers file-- syntax error

joshmoe ALL=NOPASSWD: source

joshmoe ALL=NOPASSWD: source /root/Python-2.7.3/projectdir/bin/activate

I've found a good many examples of sudoer statements. But I can't figure
out the syntax that will make this work. I'm hoping once I get this one,
I'll be able to give access to statements like 'service postgresql status'
and so forth.