Re: Trouble installing psycopg2

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Augori <augori(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trouble installing psycopg2
Date: 2013-09-29 16:46:32
Lists: pgsql-general

On 09/29/2013 09:38 AM, Augori wrote:
> Thanks to Adrian for pointing to this site.
> http://toomuchdata.com/2012/06/25/how-to-install-python-2-7-3-on-centos-6-2/
> I was able to get the virtual environment set up and install psycopg2
> from there. Now things seem to be working well when I'm logged in as root.
>
> But I need to be able to use the virtualenv as a non-root user, joshmoe.
> (And start/stop postgresql as this other user)

> I've found a good many examples of sudoer statements. But I can't
> figure out the syntax that will make this work. I'm hoping once I get
> this one, I'll be able to give access to statements like 'service
> postgresql status' and so forth.

Looks to me you installed the virtualenv as user root into /root. Why
not install the virtualenv as joshme into /joshme? Then you avoid the
sudo problems all together. It also one of the benefits of virtualenv
you can run programs as an ordinary user and not make them system wide.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com