Re: Small miscellaneus fixes (Part II)

From: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Small miscellaneus fixes (Part II)
Date: 2023-01-16 06:28:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> ...but arguably the earlier check is close enough that it's silly to
assert in the "else" branch, and I'd be okay with just nuking those lines.
Another thing that caught my attention is the assumption that unsetting a
bit is so expensive that we have to first check if it's set, so we may as
well remove "IS_BRACKET(Np->Num)" as well.

The attached is what I mean. I'll commit this this week unless there are
objections.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
v4-0001-Remove-dead-code-in-formatting.c.patch text/x-patch 1.5 KB