Re: First draft of the PG 15 release notes

From: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: First draft of the PG 15 release notes
Date: 2022-07-14 06:24:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Regarding this item:

"Allow hash lookup for NOT IN clauses with many constants (David Rowley,
James Coleman)
Previously the code always sequentially scanned the list of values."

The todo list has an entry titled "Planning large IN lists", which links to

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1178821226.6034.63.camel@goldbach

Did we already have a hash lookup for IN clauses with constants and the
above commit adds NOT IN? If so, maybe we have enough to remove this todo
item.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com