Re: Fix for PG History web page

From: Oleg Bartunov <obartunov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fix for PG History web page
Date: 2015-12-23 04:50:19
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 2:18 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> Our PG history web pages says talks about Postgres 8.0, which seems kind
> of old at this point:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/history/
>
> Today, PostgreSQL's user base is larger than ever and includes a
> sizeable group of large corporations who use it in demanding
> environments. Some of these companies such as Afilias and Fujitsu
> have
> made significant contributions to PostgreSQL's development. And,
> true to
> its roots, it continues to improve in both sophistication and
> performance, now more than ever. Version 8.0 is PostgreSQL's long
> ---
> awaited debut into the enterprise database market, bringing
> features
> such as tablespaces, Java stored procedures, point in time
> recovery, and
> nested transactions (savepoints). With it came a long awaited
> feature
> --- a native Windows port.
>
> Can someone update this? Can I submit a patch?

I always think, that our history page is very outdated and requires more
addition than you proposed. I have nothing against mentioning Afilias and
Fujtsu, but then why we didn't acknowledged other companies ? Also, I
think, better to discuss such things in -advocacy mailing list.

btw, I think we missed great Elein posts
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20041203184254.F6767@cookie.varlena.com