Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!

From: Oleg Bartunov <obartunov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, YUriy Zhuravlev <u(dot)zhuravlev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date: 2015-10-02 10:17:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 5:55 PM, Steve Crawford <
scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 7:16 AM, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org> wrote:
>
>> ...What we're not fine with is depending on a proprietary system, no
>> matter what type of license, as infrastructure...
>>

> Exactly. Which is why I was warning about latching onto features only
> available in the closed enterprise version.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

If we have consensus of what we want, why not just hire some company to
develop it for us ? I'm sure we could find such a company in Russia and
even would sponsor postgres community and pay for the development. There
are other postgres companies, which may join us. Or better, pay through
pg foundation.