Request for dogfood volunteers (was No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!)

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: obartunov(at)gmail(dot)com, Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, YUriy Zhuravlev <u(dot)zhuravlev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Request for dogfood volunteers (was No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!)
Date: 2015-10-02 16:28:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

I believe it is pretty obvious we are moving in the direction of having
a tracker at this point. The problem is exactly which direction. Stephen
has offered some resources for his ideas and now I am offering some
resources for mine.

I am proposing to setup a redmine instance on a VM. I am happy to do a
lot of the legwork and should be able to get most of it done before EU.
This is what I think I need from my fellows:

1. At least two committers
2. At least three hackers (preferably that are different from the
committers but not required)
3. At least two users

I think we have reached a point where everyone has ideas of what they do
and don't want but none of it matters if we don't have a proof of
concept to determine what we do and don't know or want.

Thoughts? Volunteers?

Sincerely,

JD
--