Re: CREATE TABLE ( .. STORAGE ..)

From: Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: wenjing zeng <wjzeng2012(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CREATE TABLE ( .. STORAGE ..)
Date: 2022-03-29 20:28:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 2 Feb 2022 at 11:13, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > Are they both set to name or ColId? Although they are the same.
> >

> Thank you, fixed, that was just an oversight.
>
> > 2 For ColumnDef new member storage_name, did you miss the function _copyColumnDef() _equalColumnDef()?
>
> Thank you, fixed

I noticed this and tried it out after needing it in a different
thread, so this is quite the useful addition.

I see that COMPRESSION and STORAGE now are handled slightly
differently in the grammar. Maybe we could standardize that a bit
more; so that we have only one `STORAGE [kind]` definition in the
grammar?

As I'm new to the grammar files; would you know the difference between
`name` and `ColId`, and why you would change from one to the other in
ALTER COLUMN STORAGE?

Thanks!

-Matthias