Re: BUG #15548: Unaccent does not remove combining diacritical characters

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Hugh Ranalli <hugh(at)whtc(dot)ca>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Daniel Verite <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>, PostgreSQL mailing lists <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #15548: Unaccent does not remove combining diacritical characters
Date: 2019-01-28 07:26:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 7:45 PM Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:
> You are registered as a reviewer and committer of the last patch of
> this thread:
>
> Are you planning to look at it or should I jump in? I have not looked
> at the patch status in depth yet.

Thanks for the reminder. I looked at this a couple of weeks ago when
you ping me off-list, but I see we're still waiting for a rebase.
Hugh, can you please post a new patch? The approach looks right to me
(simply replace the composing diacritics with nothing), so if you post
a new version I'll double check with that test case I came up with
earlier, and then I'll be happy to commit it.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com